Kegel Exercises For Women’s Sexual HealthLucy Jane
When talking about women’s sexual health, it is widely accepted that performing regular Kegel exercises can help improve continence and bladder control, especially if your pelvic floor has been weakened through trauma, ageing or the process of child birth. Even chronic coughing or constipation can take it’s toll on the condition of your pelvic floor muscles. In terms of sexual satisfaction and performance, strengthening your pelvic floor muscles can help improve your sexual health in many ways you may not have thought of. In addition to improved bladder control, performing regular pelvic floor exercises to achieve toned vaginal muscles lead to improved sensations during love making, improving sexual responsiveness and increased intensity of orgasm.
The Kegel Muscles
The pelvic floor muscles are the muscles at the base of your torso that support the uterus, bladder, small intestine and rectum. Just like any other muscle in the body, these all important muscles require regular exercise in order to stay strong and become stronger! A healthy and active sex life can certainly help, but regular exercises using Kegel balls or Kegel Exercisers will help keep your pelvic floor muscles in tip top shape, regardless of your age or relationship status!
Who Should Do Kegel Exercises?
You may benefit from performing Kegel exercises if you:
- Leak a little bit of urine when you cough, laugh or sneeze
- Have strong urge to urinate just before releasing a large amount of urine (urinary incontinence)
- Leak stool (fecal incontinence)
- Have a small prolapse following surgery or child birth
- Want to enjoy improved sexual health and heightened sexual pleasure
Health Benefits Of Kegel Exercises
- Improved bladder control
- Improved bowel control
- Reduced risk of vaginal and rectal prolapse
- Improved vaginal tone resulting in increased sexual response and pleasure, including more intense orgasms
- Improved natural lubrication of the vagina
- Improved blood flow to the vagina for better overall women’s sexual health
- Enhanced sexual arousal
- Improved ability for the vaginal muscles to relax, allowing the vagina to be more relaxed during penetration
Also referred to as Ben Wa balls, these weighted balls are inserted into the vagina to provide resistance for the pelvic floor muscles. Some balls are spheres are made from metal, while others have a tear drop formation and feature a handy pull cord for easy removal. Some Kegel balls made from silicone contain a metal ball inside that jiggles around with any movement, providing the pelvic floor muscles with an even more exciting workout. If you wanting to improve your sexual health but you think you may have a weakened pelvic floor, it’s important that you start with smaller weights and work your way up to the heavier, more challenging Kegel balls. The Fare L’Amore Adele Weighted Kegel Balls Set is the ultimate set, offering women the option of starting at as little as 30 grams and working their way up to a very satisfying 110 grams!
Popular Kegel Balls
Whether you want to enjoy a discreet internal massage during the day or you think some extra buzz will help to kick start your pelvic floor muscles into action, Kegel exercisers offer the perfect combination of pleasure and enhance pelvic floor strength. Some use vibrational massage to arouse the walls of the vagina, making your pelvic floor contract in response. This helps to enhance sensual responsiveness as well as muscle strength. For example, the Gabriella intimate massager is the perfect size to stimulate and please the pelvic floor muscles simultaneously. Some Kegel exercisers, such as the Aneros Evi Kegel Exerciser, is designed to specifically to address women’s sexual health and can activate the pelvic floor muscles without the need for vibrations – your muscles learn how to contract around Evi’s perfectly contoured shape! When it comes to sexual health, women can enjoy the best of both worlds as pleasure and strength simultaneously improve.
Popular Kegel Exercisers
Tips For Exercising Your Kegels
- If you have weakened pelvic floor muscles, lighter and larger Kegel balls will be easier to hold in.
- Start by wearing your Kegel Balls at least 15 minutes per day. As you get stronger, you may enjoy leaving them in for longer.
- Once you are comfortable wearing your Kegel balls, you may like to wear them while you are out an about, or even while you do the housework.
- If they don’t have a cord, one or two balls may be left in during lovemaking to further enhance pleasure.
- If you suffer from vaginal dryness, try using a little lubricant when inserting your Kegel balls or Kegel exerciser.
No matter which method you choose to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, a more toned vagina leads to improved sensual satisfaction (and most likely a very happy lover) as well as better bladder control, reduced risk of prolapse and improved overall sexual health. One of the basics of women’s sexual health, regular use of Kegel exercisers is something that every woman can benefit from in oh so many ways!
Fare L’Amore are proud to offer a range of luxury Kegel exercisers Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth women can order online and have delivered anywhere across Australia via Australia Post, with express or standard delivery options available.